Monday, May 3, 2010

How Frequently Do You Pray? {39.}

****
Radhasoami!

How fequently do you pray, that is,
perform Satsang, Seva or Abhyaas
{recite hymns, serve or meditate}?

Once a month, once a week,
once a day, twice a day,
a few times every day & night,
or several times in a 24-hour cycle?

Actually, the above question is erroneous,
viewed by a certain sincere perspective,
which may be briefly elaborated thus.

One’s faith ought to just consume one.
Prayer is not a one-time
or occasional external activity.
Just as being or breath are innate to one,
so should one’s faith & devotion be.

If you are still
in the category of those who,
pray at certain times,
& don’t upon others,
you haven’t begun your prayers yet!

Prayer is that which occurs all the time.
A devotee is one who prays every moment
all of 24 hours.
The rest is kid stuff.
I don’t intend to disparage,
but to inspire towards the greater ideal.

By prayer I don’t necessarily mean
the performance of Satsang Paaths
{or recitation of Satsang hymns},
much less “asking” God for things.

I mean prayer as a
constant awareness of Radhasoami Dayal.

One’s every living
& entire way of life
then becomes a dedicated prayer
offered to the Param Guru.

Don’t just pray occasionally,
always remain internally engrossed in prayer.

Even while writing this,
I have been praying.
Were I to be watching a movie,
I would still be praying no less.

Where I am,
my eternal Master Is there.
Our Satsang continues
around-the-clock.
My living itself is prayer,
my living itself is Seva,
& my living accomplishes meditation.

Thanks be to Gracious Huzur
for the boon of
such blessed proximity
and mode of life.

May its purpose be realized,
with Maalik’s Supreme Grace helping.

Radhasoami!
****

No comments:

Post a Comment