Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Primary Qualifications for Becoming a Satsangi. {10.}

****
Radhasoami!

Some time back, I had received a request from a DEI {Dayalbagh Educational Institute; Deemed University} student, seeking to join one of my Radhasoami-related communities formed on Orkut. I asked her if she was a Satsangi / from a Satsangi family / Seeker or Jigyasu. She wrote back saying, “I am neither a Satsangi, nor from a Satsangi family, nor am I a Jigyasu, but I believe in Almighty Huzur.” It was naturally with great delight that I approved her request, replying, “& that is the most important thing, of course!”

So, who can become a Satsangi, or join the Radhasoami religion of Dayalbagh? Are there any restrictions on the basis of caste, race, nationality, one's erstwhile religious allegiance, etc.? None at all; {age, yes, requirement holds}. The primary & vital requirement is that the person believes in the teachings of the Radhasoami Fath, specifically that:

**** The name of the Supreme Godhead is Radhasoami Dayal;
**** The Revered Leader of the Radhasoami religion headquartered in Dayalbagh Is the Living Incarnation of Merciful Radhasoami; &
**** One wants to accept His Mastership for one’s spiritual practices & salvation.

All other behavioral or practical requirements, such as being a pure vegetarian & teetotaler, attending Satsang at a Branch, are secondary to & flow from this central act of transferring the responsibility for one’s spiritual welfare onto the Sant Satguru of Dayalbagh, and His Merciful Assumption of it.

Radhasoami!
****

3 comments:

  1. Radhasoami!
    I am 20 years of age. I dont belong from a Satsangi family. I call myself an atheist. But I do beleive in one thing purely, and that is, there is one GOD for all and we all are equal to him. I want to become a jigyasu. I hail from Kolkata. I want to know if there is any centre here where I can enroll myself into RADHASOAMI and get all my questions answered. Help me reach salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khushi,

    It is good that you are longing for your Supreme Parent.

    Yes, there is a Satsang Branch in Kolkata.

    I suggest you mail me at my email ID viimall@itimes.com & I will mail you the Branch Secretary's contact details.

    All the best.

    Radhasoami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Vimal. Surely I would mail you! Right now my mind is very disturbed and I am feeling mentally tormented. I think my life needs a direction and RADHASOAMI can give it to me.

    Radhasoami

    ReplyDelete